Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Am a ‘Bama Fan

Because I lived the last 10 years in Alabama I was often asked who I cheer for – Alabama or Auburn? The question, when you live in Alabama, is part of what defines you. This was not a question that you received only during college football season – no, football is a way of life in Alabama. Little boys in Alabama grow up dreaming of playing for the Tide. Grown men reminisce about the glory days of Bear Bryant.

Tonight, the Crimson Tide is looking to add a 13th college football National Championship. I am sure that it an awesome responsibility that rests on the shoulders of those young men wearing the crimson and white. I am sure that it is a fulfillment of a lifelong passion for many.

The build-up to this moment has been a long time coming for many Alabama football fans. They had to suffer through several years of unacceptable mediocrity. Now the hopes and dreams of the Alabama nation rest on the swell of a Crimson Tide.

May the best team…no, forget it! Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment